You know the same thing happ

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 11.11.2017 09:17
von jokergreen0220 • 955 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Jordan Jenkins Jersey . - Drew Smyly picked up where fellow Tigers starter Rick Porcello left off, tossing seven shutout innings and leading Detroit to a 9-2 rout of the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night. Porcello and the Tigers bullpen retired the final 18 hitters in an 8-2 victory the previous night, and Smyly (2-1) retired the first four he faced. After a issuing a walk to Alex Gordon, the former reliever then retired the next six in a dominant performance. Smyly wound up allowing two hits and two walks before giving way to Joba Chamberlain, who threw a perfect eighth. Phil Coke allowed two runs in the ninth to lose the shutout. Nick Castellanos drove in three runs the Tigers, the first off spot starter Danny Duffy (1-2) and two more off the Royals bullpen. That was it until the ninth, when Detroit tacked on six more runs, the highlight a three-run shot by Torii Hunter. The win was the Tigers fifth straight over Kansas City. Duffy moved from the bullpen back to the rotation in place of Bruce Chen, who went on the disabled list this week with a bulging disc in his back. Duffy was on a pitch count and wound up lasting just four innings, allowing two hits and walking four while throwing 75 pitches. Kansas City played without catcher Salvador Perez, who was given the night off after fouling a pitch off his shin in the series opener. Royals manager Ned Yost said he expects the All-Star to be back in the lineup Sunday — though they sure could have used his bat in this one. The only hits the Royals could muster off Smyly came on Eric Hosmers double in the fourth and a single in the fifth by Danny Valencia, who was thrown out trying to reach second. Meanwhile, the Tigers took advantage of Duffys erratic ways. The left-hander walked the bases loaded in the fourth inning, and Castellanos followed with a liner to left that Alex Gordon caught on the run. But rather than throw home immediately, the Gold Glove winner hesitated, and that gave Miguel Cabrera time to score. In the sixth, reliever Louis Coleman allowed a double to Cabrera and intentionally walked Victor Martinez, who has been hot all series. Herrera came in and Castellanos ripped a double to right, driving in both runs while ending a 0-for-15 slump. That was plenty of support for Smyly, who made 63 appearances out of the bullpen last season and two this season, but who may be firmly establishing himself as the fifth starter. The victory was Smylys first as a starter since beating the Royals on July 6, 2012. NOTES: Royals RHP Aaron Brooks made his big league debut, giving up all six runs in the ninth. ... Tigers RHP Robbie Ray is expected to be promoted from Triple-A Toledo to start Tuesday against Houston in his big league debut. ... Tigers RHP Anibal Sanchez (cut middle finger) had no problems throwing Friday, manager Brad Ausmus said. Sanchez went on the DL on April 27. ... LHP Jason Vargas starts Sunday for Kansas City. RHP Justin Verlander starts for Detroit. Buster Skrine Jersey . Sources tell TSN that union executives travelled to select CFL cities Monday to open dialogue with players and answer questions. After the tentative deal was reached Saturday night, several players posted messages of frustration and disappointment on social media - and that carried over into Sunday on both the web and the field. Marcus Williams Jersey .S. President Barack Obama saluted the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks at the White House on Monday -- a rare moment for a president hungry to see more victorious teams from his hometown. http://www.shopnyjets.us/curtis-martin-jersey/ . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right.Gerrie Nel, lawyer for the prosecution, finally got the opportunity hes been waiting for: cross-examining Oscar Pistorius. And he didnt waste any time getting down to business. In what was a relentless cross-examination, Nel set the stage early: Nel: "You killed a person. You killed Reeva Steenkamp, thats what you did. You shot and killed her. "Say Yes - say I killed Reeva Steenkamp." Pistorius: "I have a responsibility to Reeva and myself to tell the truth." Nel: "You will not hide things from the court." Pistorius: "Im human, I have faults, I have sins. Im a Christian. The Lord came down to this world for people who have sinned." Nel: "As a Christian you will not lie." And so the most critical confrontation of this trial began: seasoned litigator Nel versus Olympic double amputee Pistorius. Here are the key points covered in this first day of cross-examination. Pistorius: Intent To Kill Pistorius testified that not only did he not intend to shoot Steenkamp, he didnt intend to shoot anyone. Heres what he said, and as youll see, he made sure he was clear about it: Pistorius: "The discharge was accidental. I believed there was someone in the toilet coming out to attack me. I never intended to shoot anyone ... I went to the bathroom and felt in danger. I didnt have much time to think. I just discharged my firearm. I didnt intend to shoot someone. I shot out of fear. I didnt shoot at someone. I didnt intend to kill anyone...I didnt have time to think about what I was doing. I had finger on my trigger. I didnt intend to shoot anyone. I fired before I had a moment to comprehend what was happening." Nel: "Was the only way out for you to shoot an intruder?" Pistorius: "I didnt have time to think or not think about shooting an intruder. My life was in danger and I was worried what could happen to Reeva. People had been tied up on the estate before. Before thinking I fired four shots. When I realised the scale of what was happening I stopped firing. It was an accident, the way I discharged the firearm. I didnt intend to shoot." This is a massively important piece of testimony for Pistorius and a critical component of the trial. Heres why. Pistorius can still be convicted of murder if it can be shown that he intended to kill - period. It doesnt matter who - just that he intended to kill someone and that the force he used was disproportionately excessive given the circumstances. Remember, in order to make out the charge of murder against Pistorius, it must be shown that he had the requisite intent to kill and followed through on tthat intent. Josh McCown Jersey. If convicted of murder, he would face 15 years in prison. So he wants to avoid a murder conviction and look to settle on a lesser charge of culpable homicide, which means killing someone by accident. If convicted on culpable homicide, he would likely only go to jail for five to 10 years. So despite firing four shots through a locked bathroom door at 3am, Pistorius repeatedly declared that he "didnt intend to shoot anyone" and the discharge was an "accident". These statements are designed to establish that Pistorius lacked the intent needed to make out a conviction of murder. Its not enough to say he didnt intend to shoot Steenkamp; he needs to say that he didnt intend to shoot anyone. Pistorius testimony shows that he was well prepared by his lawyers. He hit on the key legal points in ordinary English. However, the issue of plausibility remains. As Nel pointed out, "was the only way out for you to shoot the intruder?". For example, he could have grabbed Steenkamp and fled. This is the most important element from Day 1 of the cross-examination of Pistorius. Zombie Stopper Nel was relentless in his cross-examination. In part, that was designed to try and break Pistorius and push him to admit he intended to kill Steenkamp. One way Nel tried to apply pressure on Pistorius was by presenting the Melon Video. The video was also produced because it helped paint Pistorius as reckless and gun-crazed. In the video, Pistorius and friends blow up melons with guns and Pistorius is heard saying this: "Its a lot softer than brain but its like a zombie stopper." This was followed by Nels blunt question: Nel: "One can see the effect the ammunition had on a water melon. It exploded. You know the same thing happened to Reevas head?" Reconstruction or Reworked Evidence Nel also focused on inconsistencies in Pistorius statement to police right after the death of Steenkamp. Nel accused Pistorius of "reconstructing" or "reworking" his evidence. For example, in Pistorius bail application, he said that he went to the balcony to retrieve a fan. However, on the stand today he denied that. While some of these inconsistencies may not seem important, Nel told Pistorius they were in fact not "insignificant" as they show "you are lying." Before the trial was adjourned for the day, Nel made a point of referring to todays testimony as "Day 1" of the cross-examination of Pistorius. This suggests that the cross may continue for days. Indeed, there is more in store for the most critical witness of this trial. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: racheldona77
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10158 Themen und 13513 Beiträge.