it allows me to not have to

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 14.12.2017 10:12
von jokergreen0220 • 955 Beiträge

ORLANDO, Fla. Kyle Anderson Jersey . -- The New York Knicks have been looking for any kind of continuity they can find as injuries and losses have continued to pile up this season. The injury bug isnt done biting them just yet, but they remained healthy just long enough Monday night to get a much-needed victory. Carmelo Anthony had 19 points before leaving the game with a sprained left ankle in the third quarter, but the Knicks were able to stave off a fierce charge and hang on for 103-98 victory over the Orlando Magic. New York led by as many as 25 points before having its lead cut all the way to a point in the fourth quarter. Beno Udrih hit six straight free-throws in the final 26 seconds to help preserve the win, which was the Knicks eighth straight over the Magic. It also was a big win for embattled Knicks coach Mike Woodson, whose job security has been called into question in recent weeks. "All teams make runs and they made a helluva run, but I applaud our team because we withstood the run," Woodson said. "We made plays. It was a total team effort. After losing two starters, I applaud our guys." Along with losing Anthony, the Knicks also saw point guard Raymond Felton go down late in the fourth quarter with a groin injury. He was just making his return Monday after a six-game absence with a strained left hamstring. Woodson said the status of both players will be evaluated Tuesday. New York plays Oklahoma City on Christmas Day. J.R. Smith added 18 points and 10 rebounds. Felton had 13 points and four assists before his injury. Afterward Smith said his teams injury issues are bothersome as they try to get back their season back on track. "Im concerned (about Melo), but Im not as worried about him as Im worried about Ray, the way he came back and then to go down again. Its tough," Smith said. "Hes our point guard, for sure." Arron Afflalo led Orlando with 26 points. Glen Davis added 20 and Jameer Nelson 17. The Magic have lost three straight and 11 of their last 13. Orlando coach Jacque Vaughn applauded his teams resolve in the second half. "We responded to their hit in our face," Vaughn said. "It took us a whole half, but then we responded by coming out and realizing that its OK to hit first. I think we were the aggressors in the second half." The Knicks seemed to be cruising in the third quarter with a 25-point lead before Anthony went down with about seven minutes left in the quarter. It helped stretch a Magic 27-8 run that cut New Yorks lead to just 76-70. The Knicks carried an 84-76 edge into the fourth, but the Magic kept attacking as New York began to settle for jump shots. A tip-in by Jason Maxiell cut it all the way down to a point with 8:28 to play in the game, prompting Woodson to call a timeout. New York responded, and got a mini-spurt that pushed its lead back to 89-83. It was short-lived, as the Magic got within 91-89 on a jumper by Nelson. Orlando had a chance to tie it on a fast break following a Knicks miss, but Tobias Harris layup attempt was blocked by Smith. Felton got tangled up with another player during the play and limped off the floor. The Knicks steadied, and got a steal and layup by Iman Shumpert that gave them a 97-91 cushion. "They tightened up once they seen the lead completely evaporate," Afflalo said. "They did a good job of once we cut it to one or two, not allowing us to get over the hump." Felton made his presence felt in the first few minutes of action with a pair of jumpers and assist on a Tyson Chandler. It helped provided a jolt for the Knicks, who shot 52 per cent in the first half. A big half it turned out the Knicks would need down the stretch. "(Orlando) played very good in that third quarter," Knicks forward Andrea Bargnani said. "Youve got to give them credit, they made some very tough shots so they came back. We made the right plus at the end. "The team was upset when Carmelo went out, but we got over the shock." Notes: The Magic are now 0-14 this season when an opponent scores 100 or more points. ... Anthony picked up his third technical foul of the season for arguing with referee Ed Malloy in the third quarter. LaMarcus Aldridge Jersey . -- Top-ranked Stacy Lewis birdied the last three holes and five of the final six Thursday for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with Mi Jung Hur in the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Patty Mills Jersey . You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal or on TSN.ca/Montreal. Also, TSN.ca features live streaming of the post-game news conferences from the Bell Centre. The Rangers grabbed a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference Final after Sundays 3-2 overtime victory against the visiting Habs. http://www.basketballspursshop.com/womens-manu-ginobili-basketball-jersey/ . PAUL, Minn.CALGARY - Elisabeth Vathjes strong start in World Cup skeleton turned torrid as she won her first gold medal in just her second race.The 20-year-old Calgarian was the fastest woman down her home track Friday at Canada Olympic Park. She earned a silver medal last week in her World Cup debut in Lake Placid, N.Y.Vathje stood up in the tracks outrun, danced a little jig and hugged her boyfriend Donovan Klassen after completing her second run Friday.She posted a two-run time of one minute 55.31 seconds to beat runner-up Laura Deas of Britain by just over three-tenths of a second.Vathjes parents Jeff and Rita, her brother Brandon and friends from her church were also trackside to celebrate.Its incredible, Vathje said. To be home, to be around these people who have seen me grow up . . . its truly amazing.There was a huge group of people and they were excited to see this in real life, to see what I do and see such great results.Tina Hermann of Germany was third in 1:55.64. Vathje led after the first heat and a quick start time in her second run helped seal the victory.Vathje (pronounced VAT-chee) leads the overall World Cup standings with two medals in as many races. The next stop on the circuit is Jan. 5-11 in Altenberg, Germany,Reigning Olympic womens champion Elizabeth Yarnold of Britain beat Vathje for gold in Lake Placid, but Yarnold didnt race in Calgary because of dizziness she experienced in those first races.Concussions are an issue in skeleton because athletes heads can make hard contact with the track and also because of the constant shaking of their heads on the way down.The Dukurs brothers from Latvia duked it out for gold and silver in the mens race Friday. Olympic silver medallist Martins Dukurs prevailed in one minute 51.06 seconds for his second straight win. Tomass Dukurs was second in 1:51.96Sungbin Yun of South Korea earned bronze for his countrys first World Cup medal in a sliding sport.This is good for the sport, getting more and more countries on the podium, Tomass Dukurs said.Vathje took up skeleton at the relatively young age of 14. Shes a seasoned rookie after seven years of sliding on the developmental circuits.She says a combination of factors contributed to her hot start, but the key components are a new sled designed by Richard Bromley of Britain and finding corporate sponsors to help her pursue her dreams.Her $10,000 sled is almost a full second faster than her former model.Its really cool to have that technology and be able to race on it, Vathje said. Its a fast sled and Im excited to see whatt it can do the rest of the year. Rudy Gay Jersey. .Its pretty too. Thats what I tell everybody. Theyre like really, out of everything you say, its pretty? Im like yeah, its pretty.Look good, feel good, race good.Vathje recalled finishing dead last at her first world junior championships at age 16 in Park City, Utah.It was pretty devastating, she said. Its like are you kidding me? Why am I in this sport? Why am I doing it?My ultimate goal is to stand atop the podium in Pyeongchang, to represent Canada.I want to be able to show these girls who are watching me that they have worth, to show them theres something more than getting their worth from boys, or worth from things that arent valuable. Show them theres more to them than what they see.Lanette Prediger of Calgary was seventh and Madison Charney of Brooks, Alta., placed 10th in the womens race.Dave Greszczyszyn of Brampton, Ont., tied for eighth among the men. Calgarians Barrett Martineau and Greg Rafter didnt qualify for the second mens heat.The skeleton teams Own The Podium funding dropped from an annual average of $876,250 from 2010 to 2014 to $20,000 for 2014-15. Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton pays for athletes travel, accommodation and meals at competitions and also the salary of one coach Ivo Pakalns.Vathje bears the cost of her other coaches Bromley and Charles Wlodarczak, her strength and conditioning coach Rob Gray and her equipment. So corporate sponsorship has been another major piece in her early success this winter.Its kind of difficult but because of these people who were able to step up into my life and say we are going to support you, we are Team Vathje, we want to see you succeed it allows me to not have to work in the summer, she said.When you work in the summer, its not conducive to good training, its not conducive to good working. It allows that freedom be compete at my best.Vathjes runs werent entirely smooth. Her experience on the Calgary track may have helped her compensate for bumping the side walls, according to Mellisa Hollingsworth, the 2006 Olympic bronze medallist who provided television commentary Friday.Shes fast at the top, Hollingsworth said. Shes new to the World Cup, but shes been here for six years. Lake Placid, Calgary, the tracks shes travelled to, shes got a good amount of experience. This is just a little bit different experience.Mens two-man bobsled was scheduled for later Friday at COP. Olympic womens bobsled champion Kaillie Humphries will race Saturday and will also make her World Cup debut piloting a four-man sled. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: lecoinutile
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9872 Themen und 13080 Beiträge.