s an eight-point lead in the second quarter, before the Knicks went into halftime up 50-48. Miami found some breathing room by s

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 09.01.2018 06:34
von jokergreen0220 • 955 Beiträge

NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis is getting even better while the New Orleans Pelicans close out another difficult season. Trevor Cahill Jersey . Davis set career highs with 40 points and 21 rebounds, and Eric Gordon made two crucial free throws in overtime to lead the Pelicans to a 121-120 overtime victory over the Boston Celtics on Sunday night. "My teammates tell me that they feed off my energy and they want me to be great so I cant be timid and do what it takes to help my team win," said Davis, who also blocked three shots, making him the eight player in NBA history with at least 40 points, 20 rebounds and three blocks in a game. "Were trying to do a better job of making me comfortable down the stretch." Tyreke Evans added 26 points and Gordon had 19 for the Pelicans (27-39), who had lost two consecutive games. Gordons foul shots with 9.4 seconds remaining gave the Pelicans a 121-117 lead. "In overtime we did enough to squeak out a one-point win," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. Jeff Green, who led Boston with 39 points, answered Gordons free throws in overtime with a three-point play that trimmed New Orleans lead to 121-120 with 5.7 seconds remaining. But the Celtics were unable to foul on the inbounds play and New Orleans ran out the clock. "At least we played with better poise at the end of regulation and overtime," said Celtics coach Brad Stevens, who blamed a defensive miscommunication for Boston not committing the late foul. "We gave ourselves a chance to win on the offensive end. Guys got a couple of stops, just not enough at the end." Davis did not score in overtime but controlled the middle by grabbing six rebounds. He became the first player in franchise history to have at least 40 points and 20 rebounds in a game. He is averaging 32.3 points in his last six games. His previous high for points was Friday night when he scored 36 in a loss against Portland. Davis 21 rebounds erased his previous career high of 19 against Orlando on Jan. 26. "I think he can do this 10 to 15 times a year just because he is so gifted and does things for the right reason," Williams said. "Obviously, he has great athletic ability but some of that stuff is just him. We try to put him in a position where he can be a dominant player." Green made three big free throws late in regulation, tying it at 110. Davis answered with a jumper for New Orleans, but Kris Humphries, who scored 16 points, sent the game into overtime on a long jumper from the right corner. "Thats a tough one to swallow," said Celtics forward Jared Sullinger, who scored 14 points. "(Humphries) hitting that big shot to send it into overtime, we thought we could win. In the end we came up short." Avery Bradley had 12 points for the Celtics, who lost their fourth consecutive game. Evans layup with 5:33 remaining in the fourth quarter gave the Pelicans a 102-89 lead. Boston then closed with a 23-10 surge to force the extra period. It was similar to the past two games when the Pelicans blew leads against Memphis and Portland. "We played defence in the fourth quarter and in overtime and got stops when we needed it," Davis said. "We came up with the rebounds and made free throws." The Celtics, who attempted to push the pace against the defence-minded Pelicans, closed the first half on a 17-8 run to take a 64-57 halftime lead. Boston scored 39 points in the second period. Green had 20 points at the break. He had a tying dunk with 4:11 left and a 3-pointer with 2:35 remaining, giving Boston a 54-49 lead. NOTES: The Pelicans finished 24 of 28 from the free-throw line, after making their only two foul shots in the first half. ... Davis was 12 of 12 from the line, and has not missed an attempt in his past three games. ... The Pelicans have won their past five games that have gone into overtime. ... New Orleans scored a season-high 70 points in the paint, and held Boston to 46. Erick Aybar Jersey . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together. Custom San Diego Padres Jerseys . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http://www.baseballpadresofficial.com/randy-jones-jersey-c-12/ . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. MIAMI -- LeBron James couldnt wake up Sunday. He was sluggish when his alarm went off at 8 a.m. and still in a funk when the Miami Heat and New York Knicks tipped off five hours later. He eventually got into form, just in time to perhaps doom the Knicks playoff chances. James scored 38 points and the Heat survived an NBA-record 22 3-point attempts from New Yorks J.R. Smith in a 102-91 victory that kept Miami atop the Eastern Conference standings. "You do your job and you live with the results," James said. "We lived with the result of J.R. making some of those bombs." Chris Bosh added 14 points and Ray Allen had 12 for the Heat (53-23), who are a full game ahead of Indiana (53-25) and two up in the loss column in the East race. The Pacers lost at home to Atlanta later Sunday night. Smith was 11 for 28 from the floor, 10 for 22 from beyond the arc, and took 10 3s in the fourth quarter alone while Carmelo Anthony didnt attempt a single shot in the period. The single-game mark was previously held by Damon Stoudemire, who hoisted 21 3s on April 15, 2005. "Its not really been a goal of mine," Smith said. "I saw the open 3 and tried to take them. I had to take advantage." Smith finished with 32 for the Knicks, who got 14 from Raymond Felton and 13 from Anthony on 4 for 17 shooting. Anthony has been bothered by a sore right shoulder, but played 44 minutes. "Melo is still hurting," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. "I couldnt rest him again tonight. That second half, he was giving us what hes got." A bad day got worse for New York when the Hawks-Pacers game went final. The Knicks (33-45) are two games behind the Hawks in the race for the final playoff spot, three in the loss column. And New York has only four games left. "Our fate is almost now in Atlantas hands," Anthony said. "Its tough. ... My fate is in somebody elses hands." The start suggested it would be a great day for the Knicks. James had four turnovers in the opening minutes and New York -- which had its best opening 2 1/2 minutes offensively in at least a decade, according to STATS LLC -- held a 16-3 lead. "Flummoxing," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "It was bizarre. Our turnovers were, no offence to the Knicks, absolutely unforced." It was still 16-3 when Felton was whistled for a second early foul, and everything changed. The Knicks missed six straight shots and the Heat scored niine straight points. Rollie Fingers Jersey. James -- who had one turnover in the final 3 1/2 quarters -- settled down and things started going Miamis way. "I wasnt awake yet," James said. Miami got snippy with one another in plenty of huddles during the game, something that Spoelstra seemed to particularly relish. "Verbally spitting at each other, I like it," Spoelstra said. "Thats what we need to get ready for the second season." Miamis lead was 15 with just under 9 minutes to go before the Knicks made it interesting. Iman Shumpert missed a wide-open 3 with 3:30 left that would have gotten New York within four. James answered a layup at the other end and after Smith made his ninth 3, Mario Chalmers answered with one of his own, making Miamis lead 97-88. So Smith made another, giving the Knicks life. And Miami again answered, this time Bosh doing the long-range honours to restore the nine-point edge. Miami played without Dwyane Wade (hamstring), Greg Oden (back) and Chris Andersen (back, knee). Amare Stoudemire scored 12 and Tyson Chandler finished with 10 points and 11 rebounds for New York. James had four turnovers by the time Miami scored six points. But he settled in before the quarter was over, outmuscling Tim Hardaway Jr. for what became a three-point play. Hardaway tried to wrap James up on a break, but the four-time MVP kept going, scored and then flexed a biceps muscle to the roaring crowd. "Trying to make a play," James said. And after that sizzling 14-point beginning, New York needed more than 13 minutes to score its next 14 points. A 31-10 run helped the Heat take as much as an eight-point lead in the second quarter, before the Knicks went into halftime up 50-48. Miami found some breathing room by scoring the final seven points of the third. James laid it in while getting fouled with 4.1 seconds left -- and as "M-V-P" chants rained down he gave Miami its biggest lead to that point, making the free throw that put the Heat up 73-64 entering the fourth. NOTES: Jeff Van Gundy worked the game for ABC, sitting three chairs away from former Heat coach Stan Van Gundy, working for ESPN Radio. ... Bosh had no rebounds in the first half, then seven in the third quarter. ... A fan clad in Knicks garb caught a T-shirt thrown into the stands by a Heat dancer during the fourth quarter. He threw it back onto the court. ... Hardaway Jr. is 2 for 22 in two games in Miami this season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher
AirlinTicketsBestPrice, RadhikaP

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: AirlinTicketsBestPrice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 11692 Themen und 15666 Beiträge.