medicine balls tossed his

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 22.02.2018 07:16
von jokergreen0220 • 955 Beiträge

Boris Diaw was on his way out of the NBA when he arrived in San Antonio, where the Spurs were trying to breathe new life into a core that had not won a championship in five years. David Harris Jersey . They proved to be a perfect match, and after playing a key role in the Spurs latest championship, Diaw found no reason to continue his career renaissance elsewhere. Diaw tweeted Sunday night that he agreed to terms on a new contract with the Spurs and a person with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press that its a three-year contract worth $22 million. The person requested anonymity because the contract cannot be signed until the leagues moratorium ends Thursday. "Hey spurs fans, Good news," the French-born Diaw tweeted, "i stay in san antonio for a few more years. Lets win it again." For the 32-year-old Diaw, it was a chance to get one last big payday that he earned by providing some essential versatility on both ends of the court for the Spurs. He averaged 9.1 points, 4.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists and shot over 52 per cent in 25 minutes per game last season. For the Spurs, it was the chance to keep together a team that posted the best record in the NBA last season and dominated the two-time defending champion Miami Heat in the finals. They have already learned this summer that Tim Duncan is returning next season and backup point guard Patty Mills will be back as well after a long rehabilitation of a shoulder injury. The Spurs decided to give Diaw a hearty raise after watching him blossom in a system Gregg Popovich designed to keep the ball moving at all costs. But they also protected themselves by only partially guaranteeing the third year of the deal, which was first reported by Yahoo! Sports. He will be guaranteed $15.5 million over the first two seasons of the contract, a big boost from the $4.7 million he made last year. "Hes perfect for them," former Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman said about Diaw and the Spurs during the season. Diaw was considered a rising star in the early portion of his career in Phoenix, a lithe, athletic, big man with the vision of a point guard that flourished with the run-and-gun Suns. But his career nose-dived soon after when he was traded to the Charlotte Bobcats in 2008. He put on weight and didnt appear interested in playing for a team with no hope of contending. The Bobcats waived Diaw near the end of the 2012 season, and the Spurs brought him in to see if he could rediscover his game while playing alongside close friend and countryman Tony Parker. Thats exactly what happened. It didnt take long for Diaw to make a good impression with Popovich, and he signed a two-year deal to stay with the Spurs that summer. He still carries a few extra pounds, but the deft passing, precise defensive positioning and floor-stretching shooting all have reappeared and been vital to San Antonios two straight finals appearances and its run this spring to a fifth championship. ___ Follow Jon Krawczynski on Twitter: http://twitter.com/APKrawczynski New England Patriots Jerseys . The league announced Thursday that Tom Higgins is leaving that post effective immediately. Marcus Cannon Jersey . - Tom Brady was upset that his New England Patriots hardly looked like a division champion in the first half. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-Laadrian-Waddle-Patriots-Jersey/ . In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager.MIAMI - Dwyane Wade is giving fans an inside look at his journey to a third championship. Wade is posting a short film on his website next week, with a sneak preview scheduled to come out Wednesday. The video features the Heat guard explaining some of what he went through while battling injuries last season, along with some never-before-seen footage of his workouts and a sparring session that he and LeBron James endured before Game 1 of the NBA Finals. "I think its going to give people a different perspective on what it all meant to me," Wade said. The video is titled "D. Wades Journey to 3," a play on both his jersey number and his number of titles won so far with the Heat. A copy of the video was reviewed by The Associated Press this week. "The only outcome I see is winning," Wade said on the night before Game 7 of the title series against San Antonio, those words coming early in the video. "I dont see no other thing but winning." A night later, the Heat won Game 7, with Wade finishing with 23 points and 10 rebounds while playing with three bone bruises in his right knee. Scenes from the teams postgame celebration and the ensuing parade are part of the film. One of the more compelling scenes in the video was filmed the evening before Game 1 of the finals, when Wade and Heat teammate LeBron James got a late-nigght workout in that even included them lacing up boxing gloves and doing some sparring. Tedy Bruschi Jersey. . It shows Wade pushing a heavily weighted sled — screaming "I need three" to motivate himself — and catching medicine balls tossed his way by James as part of a core workout. At the end of that session, Wade and James are both on the floor, covered in sweat and gasping for breaths. "Road to a championship, man," James said. "It aint easy," Wade replied. Theres also some scenes that show Wade relaxed at home, with his two sons and his nephew. His younger son Zion looks at the camera at one point and quips, "Whos Charles Barkley, anyway?" — a bit of a zing directed toward one of Wades more outspoken critics. Wade also addresses how he handles things when people say his game is in decline. "A lot of people are all, He aint got it no more. He aint this. He aint that," Wade said. "Anybody who wants to pick up a basketball and meet me at the gym can do that." Wade battled a number of injuries last season, and still averaged 19.6 points in the title series against the Spurs. The Heat guard said hes eager to have his fans get a different view of his life. "I dont know whats next," Wade said in the video. "But whats next, its going to be special." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Steve_Harrington
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9932 Themen und 13158 Beiträge.