The Yankees also transferred left-hander Jordan Montgomery

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 29.10.2018 08:15
von officialsbaseball • 144 Beiträge

A look at what’s happening around the majors Wednesday:MOVING ONThe Red Sox are set for a postseason rematch with the World Series champion Astros. Boston eliminated the Yankees with a dramatic 4-3 victory Tuesday night in Game 4 of their AL Division Series Ender Inciarte Jersey , and now rookie manager Alex Cora and his club will wait until Saturday night to open the AL Championship Series against Houston at Fenway Park. Ace lefty Chris Sale figures to get the ball after making an impressive turn in a setup role for the eighth inning Tuesday. It’ll also mark a reunion for Cora and the Astros — he was the bench coach during their championship run last season.“I’ve been talking about them the whole season, so now we go,” Cora said. “Best of seven. They know me. I know them. It should be fun.”The Yankees, meanwhile, begin an offseason that’s sure to bring a few changes. CC Sabathia http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-ramirez-jersey , Brett Gardner, David Robertson and J.A. Happ can become free agents, and New York could be major a player in an anticipated free agent market that will likely include Manny Machado, Bryce Harper, Patrick Corbin Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey , Dallas Keuchel and possibly even Clayton Kershaw. The Yankees have lost four straight postseason home games to the Red Sox, and now they’ll watch on TV as Boston chases a fourth World Series title in 15 years — New York has just one pennant and championship during that span (2009).STAY OR GO?Braves manager Brian Snitker expects to find out this week whether general manager Alex Anthopolous will bring him back. Snitker is not yet under contract for 2019, though there’s nothing to indicate he won’t return for his third full year at the helm — especially after a season that makes him one of the leading candidates for NL manager of the year. Still, Anthopolous met with Snitker and the coaching staff Tuesday and didn’t make any promises.“Until something gets done … I understand that you’re never guaranteed tomorrow,” said Snitker http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-sean-newcomb-jersey , who turns 63 next week. “I don’t know. I know I’d like to (return). I enjoyed it. I love that group in there. I like being around ’em. That group in there is awesome. I’ve got a few more years in me.”NOT A HITSan Diego is hunting for a new hitting coach a day after firing Matt Stairs. The rebuilding Padres continued to rank at or near the bottom of the majors in key offensive stats in their first year under Stairs. His replacement will be the Padres’ 10th hitting coach since Petco Park opened in 2004. While saying he felt Stairs did a good job with mostly younger players, general manager A.J. Preller said he and manager Andy Green decided that the team needed a different approach. The team is expected to promote someone from within the organization. NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees have put pitcher CC Sabathia on the 10-day disabled list because of right knee inflammation.The Yankees made a series of roster moves before hosting the New York Mets on Monday night. Reliever George Kontos was promoted from Triple-A, infielder Ronald Torreyes rejoined the Yankees and first baseman Luke Voit was sent to the minors.Sabathia was put on the DL a day after pitching six shutout innings of one-hit ball against Texas. The 38-year-old left-hander is 7-4 with a 3.32 ERA in 22 starts.Sabathia has been bothered by knee trouble for several seasons. Boosted by a brace, he’s been able to pitch effectively despite the problem.“We knew it was part of the program that there was going to be times during the season that he would need a timeout,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. “So postgame yesterday Preston Tucker Jersey , he shared with us that he would be best served by skipping a start, so that’s what we’re going to do.”“We knew it was part of managing his knee throughout this particular year. He’s a pro and he’s made us aware and we appreciate that, and it gives us a chance to deviate and allow him to resuscitate and that’s all we’re going to do,” he said.Kontos made his big league debut with the Yankees in 2011. The 33-year-old righty was a combined 2-3 with one save and a 4.68 ERA for Pittsburgh and Cleveland this season.The 25-year-old Torreyes hit .323 in 24 games for the Yankees before being sent to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Voit, acquired from St. Louis in a trade last month http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , hit .188 with two RBIs in five games for New York.The Yankees also transferred left-hander Jordan Montgomery (elbow) to the 60-day disabled list.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: pixiefinder
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 11604 Themen und 15551 Beiträge.