"That is why I simply hope that these crimina

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 09.11.2018 07:55
von zhangsan520 • 552 Beiträge

"
RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- The ambitious Japanese women's basketball team failed to make history at the Olympics as they lost 110-64 to the powerhouse United States in a quarter-final match here on Tuesday.

The Asian champions, aiming for a medal finishing at Rio, battled in every corner of the court in the first half before they stumbled in front of American bench.

Japan trailed only 30-23 in the first quarter and closed in by just two points in the second on 46-44 before the U.S. pulled away by 56-46 at the break.

The bench of the U.S. contributed 62 points, compared to 14 from the counterpart, when they extended the lead to over 40 points in the second half.

""Today they created lots of problems for us. They played really well. It's the hardest 40 points in the game we've ever won by. It was hard. It was really a hard game,"" U.S. guard Diana Taurasi said.

Mika Kurihara made four three-pointers in the first half to help Japan close by, but she didn't score in the second.

""We played our Japan's game in the first half. But in the second, they didn't give me chances. At that time we need someone to step up,"" Kurihara said.

Seven Americans scored in double digits as Maya Moore and Taurasi led the team with 19 points each. Ramu Tokashiki led Japan with 14 points.

"

by Stephanie Parker

UNITED NATIONS Black Sean Taylor Jersey , Oct. 17 (Xinhua) -- A senior UN official tasked with preventing genocide has sounded the alarm on all global cases of "atrocity crimes," and urged a global response to raging violence in the Central African Republic (CAR), where thousands of civilians are being victimized.

"The current violence in the Central African Republic is extremely worrisome, you are witnessing in this part of Africa an extraordinary number of killings Black Adrian Peterson Jersey ," Adama Dieng, UN special adviser for the prevention of genocide, told Xinhua in a recent interview.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon appointed Dieng on July 12, 2012 as his special adviser on the prevention of genocide. The Senegalese advisor previously served as the registrar of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda from 2001 to July 2012.

"We have seen wide and systematic sexual violence against women Preston Smith Jersey , against children and also young people being recruited as soldiers, " he said, referring to CAR, which is facing similar hardships plaguing its Central African neighbors.

RAISING PUBLIC AWARENESS

The special adviser said that his main job is to raise global awareness and action for the 30 countries on the genocide watch list and keep a close eye on the eight to 10 nations on the brink of mass extermination.

"My main goal is to sound the alarm Brandon Scherff Jersey , to advise the (UN) secretary-general and through him the Security Council of situations, which ... may lead to genocide or atrocity crimes," he said.

Recent news reports said that around 60 people have been killed in clashes between local militias and the former Seleka rebel group in CAR, which has descended into a world of disorder since Seleka rebels seized the capital of Bangui and ousted former President Francois Bozize in March.

Fighting between Bozize's supporters and forces loyal to the former Seleka rebel leader and current CAR president Montae Nicholson Jersey , Michel Djotodia, has displaced more than 170,000 civilians.

In spite of the rebel group's official disbandment the government is unable to curb the continuous violence in the country caused by ongoing attacks by the Seleka, Dieng said.

"For the first time in history Samaje Perine Jersey , we have witnessed the Seleka soldiers committing serious crimes," he said, recalling his last trip to the region where people were turning down humanitarian services out of fears for reprisals.

"I remember a time, when women in parts of the country were refusing to receive humanitarian aid simply because they were afraid that the Seleka soldiers would come and not only take goods from them but also commit crimes including sexual violence Fabian Moreau Jersey ," he said.

"That is why I simply hope that these criminal activities committed by the Seleka soldiers will be put to an end and for the international community to get mobilized," he said, noting that the crisis slowly stewing is on the edge of creating a massacre.

MORE AID NEEDED

He said that his first step is to make a public plea to motivate the international community to throw away their calculations as well as financial worries and rescue an area plagued with high levels of displacement and human right atrocities.

"Some seem to drag their feet due to financial concern because if you provide funds to a mission to be deployed in the Central African Republic, you may certainly reduce funds you have been giving to another country Ryan Anderson Jersey ," he said.

"But I think we may have reached a stage where we should throw out the calculator and get interested in the thousands of lives that we can save," Dieng said.

"We can not count a dollar when there are hundreds of women who are facing the risk of being raped," he said.

"The Security Council has to make sure that the international community puts at the disposal of the people of the Central African Republic (CAR) community to the African Union the necessary funding for a sustainable deployment of troops," he said.

The swift and continuous calls for more financial aid and placement of troops on the ground have been partially answered in a unanimous decision made by the United Nations Security Council.

Last week Jonathan Allen Jersey , the 15-member UN body secured the "necessary funding " to deploy troops in the turbulent country and also asked the rebels and all other armed groups to lay down their arms and join disarmament and demobilization programs.

In the resolution, the council strongly condemned the continued violations of humanitarian law and widespread human rights abuses of armed groups.

I researched what wireless router I should buy, since I felt the ne. Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NBA Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic MLB Jerseys Cheap NCAA Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: eminencepharmacy
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10115 Themen und 13458 Beiträge.