www.officialstarsproonline.com

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 30.11.2018 08:01
von hongwei28 • 414 Beiträge

Eric Rowe was in a daze after being told he was being traded from Philadelphia to New England in September of 2016 Mattias Janmark Jersey , wondering why the team that drafted in the second round a year earlier no longer wanted him.

The safety says he was blindsided by the deal to the Patriots, who sent the Eagles a fourth-round draft pick.

One message of support he received stood out. It was a text from Eagles veteran safety Malcolm Jenkins, who had taken a young Rowe under his wing.

”I remember he texted me the day I got traded just telling me that everything happens for a reason,” Rowe recalled. ”`Whatever you do, just keep working, because you’re going to be great one day.”’

Two seasons later, Jenkins and Rowe will be on opposite sidelines with a championship at stake.

Jenkins said it was a no-brainer to try to mentor Rowe when he was the Eagles.

”He played a lot as a rookie, played some significant snaps. But once he got traded I wanted to send him a text encouraging him,” Jenkins said. ”Sometimes this business will move you around and then teams will get rid of you and doubt you. But at the end of the day don’t let it change what you think about yourself. You’re gonna be a great player.”

Rowe said the words from a ”phenomenal leader” like Jenkins helped him focus following the trade.

”I knew it was just the business of the NFL,” Rowe said. ”I’m like, `OK, I need to take advantage of this opportunity, because you don’t get a lot of opportunities to play for the Patriots.”’

In the season-plus that Rowe has been gone from Philadelphia, he’s become yet another young defender who as developed into an asset in the Patriots’ system.

Including the playoffs, he has appeared in 22 games for New England, totaling 49 tackles and two interceptions.

Rowe has primarily been used as an extra defensive back in passing situations and could draw the responsibility as the last line of defense against the Eagles receivers.

With linebacker Jordan Hicks out for the season with an Achilles tendon injury Jim Kelly Jersey , Rowe may be matched up with receiver Nelson Agholor.

Agholor was Philadelphia’s first-round pick in 2015 and led the Eagles with a career-best 62 receptions for 768 yards and eight touchdowns.

”I talk to guys. We’re still friends. We hang out in the offseason,” Rowe said. ”I texted them `Congrats’ because some of us were in the same draft class or on the same team.”

Friends or not, Rowe is ready for whatever comes next as he vies for his second straight Super Bowl ring.

”It’s only my third year, and my second going to a Super Bowl. I don’t know what the odds of that are, so obviously I don’t take it for granted,” Rowe said. ”But there’s a couple of guys in here that have been to four, and they still take it like their first one. So I never take it for granted.”

AP Pro Football Writer Rob Maaddi contributed to his report.

Hue Jackson wasn’t going to turn the Browns offense over to just anyone.

Todd Haley met his high standards.

After operating for two seasons as both Cleveland’s coach and offensive coordinator, Jackson hired Haley to take over his offense following the assistant’s six successful seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Haley wasn’t on Jackson’s radar after the Browns went 0-16 this season. But after Haley was fired by the Steelers following an opening-round loss to Jacksonville in the AFC playoffs, Jackson didn’t waste a moment and swooped in to nab the 50-year-old, who previously coached in Kansas City and is regarded as one of the league’s elite coordinators.

”He has been a guy that has adjusted his offense to successfully complement and taken advantage of the skillset of his personnel,” Jackson said.

”I’ve witnessed firsthand how prolific his offenses have been in the AFC North over the last six seasons. If I was going to turn over the play calling duties to someone else, it had to be to someone that was experienced and had a long history of success in this league. We were going to be patient about it because there is always a lot of movement in the early part of the offseason.

”When Todd became available, I jumped at the opportunity to meet with him. Once we sat down and talked, it became quickly evident that Todd would be a great fit.”

The Browns made Haley’s hiring official on Wednesday. The Associated Press and other media outlets reported the move earlier this week.

With Pittsburgh, Haley oversaw the Steelers’ talented offense featuring Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell. He won’t have as much to work with in Cleveland Thurman Thomas Jersey , but the Browns are expected to take a quarterback with No. 1 overall draft pick.

”This is a great opportunity,” said Haley, who went 19-26 with the Chiefs and led them to a division title in 2010. ”The Browns have a great history, great fans and deserve to have some fun and experience some winning. I want to help be part of that process.

”There is obviously a lot of work to do in order to get there, but I’ve always been excited about facing a challenge. There is no better feeling than when you can be a part of turning an organization around.

”Hue and I have had some good battles in competing against each other as coordinators and even as a head coach.”

The Browns announced the additions of Freddie Kitchens as running backs coach/associate head coach and Amos Jones special teams coordinator. Those moves were also previously reported.

Haley’s arrival is a much-needed infusion for the Browns, who have gone 1-31 in two seasons under Jackson. He knows his way around the league and especially the AFC North after 21 years as a pro coach.

Granted, the Steelers had some elite players, but Haley got the most out of them. With Roethlisberger running the show, Pittsburgh’s offense ranked in the top 10 in scoring and yards in each of the past four seasons.

Brown has developed into perhaps the league’s top playmaker with five straight 100-catch seasons and Bell is a dual threat as runner and receiver.

Jackson was reluctant to give up play-calling duties. He was Cincinnati’s offensive coordinator for two seasons before joining the Browns, and was confident he would continue to have success as the play caller. But Cleveland’s offense has sputtered and finished last in the league in scoring this past season.

Haley knows Jackson’s thirst to succeed.

”He’s so competitive and winning is the only thing that’s important to him,” he said. ”You want to work with a coach like that. Hue and I share a lot of similar beliefs on how to be successful on offense. We have to score points, protect the ball, protect the quarterback and develop players. It’s not too complicated, but at the same time, it is a great challenge. We are really looking forward to getting to work on it.”

nach oben springen

Besucher
jatinbhoriya, Akshay2345

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: jatinbhoriya
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10186 Themen und 13547 Beiträge.