the Red Sox have

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 13.12.2018 10:05
von elaine95 • 237 Beiträge

DENVER (AP) — For once http://www.arizonacardinalsteamonline.com/pat-tillman-jersey , the Colorado Rockies head into the offseason searching for more pop at the plate to go with excellent pitching, not the other way around.The Rockies lacked patience at the plate in getting swept by Milwaukee in the best-of-five NL Division Series with a 6-0 loss Sunday, their second straight shutout.They were outscored 13-2 as they hit .146 with three extra-base hits and no homers . They didn’t score in their last 19 innings and set an NL Division Series low for runs,So much for a return to the thin air of Coors Field to spark a dormant offense.“I don’t know what it is,” third baseman Nolan Arenado said. “It’s just a bad stretch at the wrong time.”Rockies fans have a long winter to lament that and manager Bud Black’s decision to start German Marquez in Game 3 rather than hometown hero Kyle Freeland, who was 17-7 and pitched 6 2/3 scoreless innings in the 2-1 wild-card win at Wrigley Field last Tuesday.“Everyone wants to be the guy that takes the ball or has a big at-bat or makes a big play in the field,” Freeland said, admitting he was “a little bummed. I mean, it would have been great to pitch in this atmosphere, in Denver, my hometown.”Carlos Gonzalez also lamented not seeing Freeland on the mound in this series.“I really like our chances with Kyle on the mound because he’s been our horse all year long,” Gonzalez said. “But we’re talking about a guy who has a brilliant future, and I’m sure he’s going to have plenty of opportunities to pitch in front of this home crowd in big games.”Until this week, Colorado was known for its hitting, for teams like the Blake Street Bombers who outscored opponents in games that resembled church softball leagues more than the major leagues.Then came the humidor and while Coors Field was no longer the slugger’s Shangri-La, its cavernous dimensions still made it a hitter’s dream and a pitcher’s nightmare.Not so much anymore.After losing the NL West tiebreaker 5-2 to the Dodgers in Los Angeles and flying to Chicago for the win over the Cubs, the Rockies seemed flat as they lost 3-2 in 10 innings at Miller Park and then 4-0 — their first postseason shutout in franchise history.And when they got back to Coors, they were still impatient at the plate Authentic Josh Rosen Jersey , expanding their strike zones.“We were trying to get things going. You saw a lot of guys chasing bad pitches, including myself,” Gonzalez said. “I think we were anxious. But at the same time, they have a great staff there. Their bullpen did a tremendous job.”Arenado, eligible for free agency after the 2019 season, issued a challenge to teammates and the organization in July, suggesting he wanted to play in meaningful autumn games.They did just that, but Arenado went 3 for 16 in the postseason, although he flashed the glove that could turn help him earn free-agent riches.Fellow All-Stars Charlie Blackmon (2 for 15) and Trevor Story (5 for 18) also failed to emulate their regular-season grooves at the plate, and Gonzalez went 2 for 12.“Our pitchers pitched great. They did exactly what we needed,” Arenado said. “It’s on the offense. We just couldn’t get anything going.”By the ninth inning, what was left of the sellout crowd was booing the bad at-bats, and Arenado didn’t take offense.“It was a bad loss. It was bad at-bats,” Arenado said. “It comes with the territory. It’s October. You’ve got to do something and we weren’t able to — I wasn’t able to.“This game teaches you something every year, and I’ve obviously learned a lot about myself and I’ve got to get better. That’s basically what this game is telling me, what October’s telling me.”Colorado won nine of its last 10 regular season games to force a one-game playoff with the Dodgers. The Rockies’ 91-72 record and .562 winning percentage was second-best in franchise history. They reached the playoffs for the second straight season, a franchise first.That isn’t enough anymore.Now they need some hitting to go with that young pitching.Freeland thinks all that is needed offensively is a change of fortune.“You know this lineup with the bats is going to have success. I know it didn’t show too much against the Brewers with this series. But we all know what they’re capable of one through nine,” he said.“So http://www.arizonacardinalsteamonline.com/josh-rosen-jersey , knowing we have both pitching and hitting, it makes the future very exciting.” The Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers have 33 World Series appearances between them, but the 2018 World Series is just the franchises' second meeting in the Fall Classic.The World Series, which begins Tuesday at Fenway Park, is the first championship series between the two since 1916.Boston has been one of the most successful teams over the past 20 years, as it won the 2004, 2007 and 2013 titles.The Dodgers, who are in search of their first title since 1988, are the third team to reach back-to-back World Series since 2010.As Tuesday inches closer, we will know more about how each team will approach the series. But for now, we have an idea of what will occur when the series opens in Boston.2018 World Series ScheduleGame 1:Tuesday, October 23 (8:09 p.m,., Fox)Game 2:Wednesday, October 24 (8:09 p.m., Fox)Game 3:Friday, October 26 (8:09 p.m, Josh Rosen Jersey Limited , Fox)Game 4:Saturday, October 27 (8:09 p.m., Fox)Game 5:Sunday, October 28 (8:15 p.m., Fox)*Game 6:Tuesday, October 30 (8:09 p.m., Fox)*Game 7:Wednesday, October 31 (8:09 p.m., Fox)**Ifnecessary.All times ET. Sale, Kershawin Line to Start Game 1The World Series pitching matchups haven't been released, but with the way the ALCS and NLCS played out, Game 1 could feature a battle of two of baseball's top pitchers.Boston ace Chris Sale only pitched in Game 1 of the ALCS, which should mean he will be more than fresh for the World Series opener Tuesday at Fenway Park.Elise Amendola/Associated PressOn the other hand, Kershaw started two games for the Dodgers in the NLCS, but since he started Game 5, he should be ready to go on regular rest.The one inning Kershaw threw at the conclusion of Game 7 on Saturday came on a day whenKershaw was going to throw a bullpen session anyway.Over the past two postseasons, the left-handed aces have been sharp for their respective sides, which leads us to believe a pitcher's duel will break out in Game 1.In his past three playoff starts Authentic Julio Jones Jersey , Sale's given up two earned runs and he tossed a scoreless inning in relief in Game 4 of the ALDS against the New York Yankees.Kershawmade eight starts and two relief appearances in the postseason in 2017 and 2018, and he achieved a 5-1 record in those outings.The Dodgers ace was roughed up for six earned runs in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series by the Houston Astros, but other than that, Kershaw hasn't given up more than four earned runs in one game during that span.If both pitchers throw the way they should in Game 1, the Fall Classic will open with a low-scoring affair that will be decided by the bullpens.Boston Appears to Enter with More Prolific OffenseOn paper, the Red Sox have the more threatening offense of the two World Series participants.Boston averaged 5.8 runs per game in the ALCS, while the Dodgers managed 3.2 runs per game in the NLCS.Even though Boston played two fewer games than Los Angeles, those numbers are still a good indication of what each lineup is capable of producing.In the NLCS, the Dodgers didn't score more than five runs, while the Red Sox eclipsed that total in three of their four victories in the ALCS.However, if you look a bit deeper, the offensive numbers of the two teamsare more similar.Both teams hit five home runs in the second round of the postseason, and they each had at least nine players knock in a run.Boston hit .233 as a team against the Houston Astros, while the Dodgers were .223 at the dish versus the Milwaukee Brewers.Mark J. Terrill/Associated PressThe World Series numbers for both teams should be right around their LCS totals given the amount of in-form pitchers on each side.The one factor that could play a role early in the series is the unfamiliarity between the sides. Most of the Red Sox hitters don't have a wealth of experience against the Dodgers pitchers and vice versa.Manny Machado is the only player with an advantage at the plate because he spent six seasons with the Baltimore Orioles.Follow Joe on Twitter, JTansey90.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: selinastanley
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9896 Themen und 13105 Beiträge.