Lewandowski: You might not believe it, but s

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 20.12.2018 03:59
von zhangsan520 • 552 Beiträge

By sportswriter Li Jia

URUMQI Jack Conklin Youth Jersey , Jan. 22 (Xinhua) -- Two-time Olympic champion Zhou Yang has aimed for a hat-trick of Olympic titles in women's 1,500m short-track speedskating in Pyeongchang 2018, after winning two gold medals at the Chinese National Winter Games.

Zhou failed to make the final of her signature 1,500m event after an accidental fall in the semis on Thursday. The 24-year-old shrugged off the disappointment to win 1,000m in a national-record time and anchor team Changchun to victory in the women's 3,000m relay.

Zhou punched in the air after the 1 Taywan Taylor Youth Jersey ,000m final and looked relieved as it was her first gold medal at these National Winter Games, the top winter sports competition in China.

"All the energy saved yesterday is used today," said Zhou, who were quite disappointed after Thursday's elimination. "I've waited for this race for a long time and I'm happy about my result."

"I do feel some pressure after yesterday's competition," she added. "I thought too much before the 1,500m Adoree Jackson Youth Jersey , because I really wanted to win."

Zhou won the 1,000m final in one minute 28.742 seconds. Yang Yang from the Chinese Army and Fan Kexin from Qitaihe finished second and third respectively.

Zhou's time smashed the previous national record which was set by Fan in Tuesday's preliminaries.

"If you want to break the record in short track, you need to make sure everything is good, and the rink is very important. The rink here is very good," said Zhou.

Zhou, the current 1 Harold Landry Youth Jersey ,500m world record holder, now eyes more glories at the 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang.

"I definitely want to win the 1,500m gold medal for the third straight time in Pyeongchang," she told reporters. "No one has achieved the feat so far in winter sports."

Zhou, who has been bothered by injuries in recent years, has yet to hit top form as she didn't make the top podium so far in this season's World Cup series.

"I think my age is Ok Kevin Byard Youth Jersey , and the biggest problem for me is injury," she said. "I still need time to recover."

Fan also had impressive performance at the National Winter Games. She won the 1,500m title and her time surpassed Zhou's world record.

"I have to say I am surprised by Fan's form," Zhou said. "She was a little weak in 1,500m, but she won in 2:16.024 Derrick Henry Youth Jersey , and I think she was in really good form."

In the men's race, Sochi Olympic runner-up Han Tianyu won the 1,000m in 1:24.894, while Wu Dajing, also a silver medalist in Sochi 2014, led team Jilin to take the 5 Jonnu Smith Youth Jersey ,000m relay title.

The 13th National Winter Games, which kicked off Wednesday, will run through Jan. 30. It is for the first time since the winter sporting gala was introduced in 1959 that the quadrennial event has been held outside the northeastern provinces of Heilongjiang and Jilin. Enditem

Xinhua: But Douglas Costa's or Jerome Boateng's long balls are a help?

Lewandowski: No doubt, with ten passes your chances to score increase. But more important is I feel we've found a sort of balance in our game.

Xinhua: By the way, how were the reactions of the team after your five goals in nine minutes in the league game against Wolfsburg that you won 5-1?

Lewandowski: The question asked the most was: How did you do it? I couldn't explain it. Five goals in nine minutes don't leave you any time to think about anything. After a while I looked at the scoreboard to see how many minutes there were to go, and I was kind of surprised saying to myself: Oh it's 5-1. The only thing I know is Corey Davis Youth Jersey , we want to win titles as a team. When we've done that then I'll start to think about what my share was.

Xinhua: We can tell you what your wife thinks about the goal-monster R. Lewandowski?

Lewandowski: Oh, can you?

Xinhua: She is quoted as saying that it would be boring.

Lewandowski (laughing): "Ha, she was kidding! Now I tell you what she really is thinking.

Xinhua: Go ahead.

Lewandowski: "She is pleased for me, and by the way she is helping me a lot to stay in top shape. She tells me what to eat and how to recover. She is a professional nutrition adviser. That gives me a great feeling.

Xinhua: How does the Lewandowski diet look like?

Lewandowski: That's hard to explain. There is no diet really, it more the question what I eat and when.

Xinhua: No food sins in your life like sweet things or a big Bavarian sausage?

Lewandowski: You might not believe it, but sweet things were a problem for me in the past. I could not resist them and more or less ate everything I saw. Today I don't feel like sweet things anymore. It took a while to get clean. And today I look at sweet things but it doesn't bother me anymore.

Xinhua: Meaning: As long as you don't feel like eating sweet things Rashaan Evans Youth Jersey , you feel like scoring goals?

Lewandowski (laughing): No you have your secret.

Xinhua: So we have a look at your diet for next Tuesday and then we know how you and your club Bayern Munich will do against Arsenal?

Lewandowski: I'm afraid, it won't be that easy. Fact is: We want to win three points despite it being Arsenal's last chance to make it to the next round. Sweet things or not it won't be easy against Arsenal.

Xinhua: Expectations are high for you and your team. Just to win the German title does not seem enough?

Lewandowski: There's still a long way to go to win the German title. We know this time: The next game is the most important one and that we have to concentrate fully in every single game.

Xinhua: What do you think, how viable is the thought of winning the Champions League?

Lewandowski: Last year we didn't have a bad campaign, but then came the moment when we lost. It was not easy for me playing in the mask with and several others were out injured.

Xinhua: But this season, the team seems to be stronger?

Lewandowski: I think we are. But we have to be aware that the tough games follow next year in.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Steve_Harrington
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9932 Themen und 13158 Beiträge.