Seattle-born player to appear in an NHL

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 29.12.2018 02:40
von officialsbaseball • 144 Beiträge

The Florida Panthers were supposed to be serious playoff contenders this season http://www.denverbroncosteamonline.com/bradley-chubb-jersey , and the New York Islanders, well, weren’t.But through roughly the first-eighth of this season, the opposite seemed true.The Islanders, who visit the Panthers on Saturday night at the BB&T Center, entered the weekend atop the Metropolitan Division with 18 points and an 8-5-2 record.Article continues below ...New York hasn’t seemed bothered by what many hockey writers predicted would be a catastrophe for the franchise — superstar center John Tavares’ decision to bolt to the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent.“We know we can play with anyone,” Islanders center Mathew Barzal said of his team sans Tavares. “We know we can beat anyone.”Meanwhile, the Panthers, who finished just one point short of the playoffs last season and then traded for winger Mike Hoffman — who has averaged better than 25 goals in each of the past four seasons — entered the weekend tied for last in the NHL with 11 points.But it appears Florida’s fortunes are changing. Goalie Roberto Luongo, a sure-fire Hall of Famer Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , injured his right knee in the season opener. Ever since he got back, the Panthers are undefeated at 2-0-0.“It’s good to get on a roll,” said Luongo, who has a stellar 1.19 goals-against average and a .959 save percentage in three games this season. “We’ve got to keep pushing hard.”Assuming Luongo gets the start Saturday, he will be facing an Islanders team that has lost two straight games, allowing eight goals during that span.Winger Evgenii Dadonov leads the Panthers this season in goals (seven) and points (14). Hoffman is tied for third on the team with 11 points, and he also has a career-best 10-game points streak.In 25 years of Panthers history, only three other players have had points streaks of that duration – Pavel Bure, Olli Jokinen and Jussi Jokinen.“I guess it’s good,” Hoffman modestly said of his streak. “You’ve got to get a couple of lucky breaks to have a streak like that Authentic Phillip Lindsay Jersey , but I’m just trying to help the team win as many games as possible.”Hoffman leads Florida in power-play goals (three) and power-play shots (43). He has led a Panthers power play that has recovered since starting the season with no goals in 13 tries.In their last five games, Florida has gone 7 of 23 on its power play.As for the Islanders, they are led in scoring in points by Josh Bailey (17) and in goals by Brock Nelson (seven).In goal, the Islanders have Thomas Greiss and Robin Lehner. Greiss is 4-2-1 with a 1.98 GAA and .940 save percentage. Lehner is 4-3-1 with a 2.53 GAA and a .924 save percentage.One issue for the Islanders is that left winger Matt Martin, who has three goals in 11 games this season, has an upper-body injury. If he can’t play against the Panthers, that would be the fourth straight game he has missed.Florida is relatively healthy, especially now that Luongo is back. Most of the Panthers’ current injuries are to players who are bottom-six forwards or Mark Pysyk, who is one of their bottom-three defensemen. In other words, Florida’s injuries are manageable now that Luongo has returned. DETROIT (AP) The Washington Capitals are in first place because of victories like this.Philipp Grubauer made 39 saves for his third shutout of the season http://www.denverbroncosteamonline.com/phillip-lindsay-jersey , and Brett Connolly scored the game’s only goal on a third-period breakaway to lift the Capitals to a 1-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday night. Washington was far from dominant, but the Capitals created the game’s best scoring chance and that was enough.”I know they had a lot of shots, but this was a pretty easy game,” Grubauer said. ”The guys kept the front of the net clear, so I could see everything they were taking.”Washington is last in the NHL in shots per game, but the Capitals have won six of seven and lead Pittsburgh and Columbus by four points atop the Metropolitan Division as the regular season winds down.Washington has turned increasingly to Grubauer of late after Braden Holtby struggled in February and at the beginning of March. Holtby wasn’t available Thursday because of an injury coach Barry Trotz described as a tweak.The Capitals took the lead with 13:19 remaining after Detroit defenseman Xavier Ouellet couldn’t control the puck near Washington’s blue line. Connolly and teammate Jakub Vrana went the other way on a two-man breakaway , and Connolly beat Jimmy Howard with a wrist shot to the glove side.Connolly has 15 goals this season on 64 shots.”You can get too cute on a 2-on-0, and I didn’t want to mess it up,” Connolly said. ”I think Howard was expecting a pass, but I haven’t had many good looks in the last few games Womens Phillip Lindsay Jersey , so I was taking this one. I needed it.”Howard was indeed expecting a pass.”The way Vrana opened up for the one-timer, I was expecting at least one pass,” Howard said. ”He caught me by surprise there.”Detroit has lost 11 of 12 and was mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. The Red Wings will miss the postseason for a second consecutive season.The Red Wings had a goal called back for goalie interference in the first period – replays showed Tyler Bertuzzi appearing to make contact with Grubauer in front of the net. Detroit squandered a great opportunity in the second when the Red Wings had a two-man advantage for the full 2:00.”Gru was the difference in the game. Detroit had a great game plan and really used their speed to box us up,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. ”We were in a lot of tough spots, but Gru kept making the big saves we needed. We just need to score a few more goals for him.”Andreas Athanasiou had a breakaway in the third, but couldn’t beat Grubauer . Athanasiou had another chance in the final minutes, but his deflected shot went wide as Grubauer tried unsuccessfully to grab it with his glove.NOTES: The Red Wings announced before the game that D Mike Green will have season-ending surgery on his cervical spine. ”This dates back to a year ago, basically. He’s played through it. We knew at some point that this was inevitable,” coach Jeff Blashill said. ”I know there was some wondering why Green wasn’t traded. Well, this was why Cheap Kerryon Johnson Jersey , because teams knew that if again, if he took the wrong hit, he might be out.” … Capitals F Evgeny Kuznetsov missed a third straight game with an upper-body injury. … Washington signed D Tobias Geisser to a three-year entry-level contract beginning in the 2018-19 season, and the Capitals also recalled G Pheonix Copley from the Hershey Bears.UP NEXTCapitals: Visit the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday night.Red Wings: Visit the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.—

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: lecoinutile
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9872 Themen und 13080 Beiträge.