The New York Giants will “look at everything” with the NFL trade deadline

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 07.01.2019 07:26
von liny195 • 144 Beiträge

on Tuesday and their season have spiraled out of control at 1-7 http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-nate-solder-jersey , coach Pat Shurmur said Sunday after a 20-13 loss to the Washington Redskins. The Giants traded defensive starters Eli Apple and Damon Harrison for draft choices last week. There has been lots of speculation that veteran cornerback Janoris Jenkins could be moved before Tuesday.What else might happen?Eli ManningThe beleaguered 15-year veteran quarterback has a no-trade clause and said Sunday he’s not waiving it.“I want to stay here,” he said simply.Will he stay with the Giants as the starter once the Giants return from their bye week?“I don’t want to go there, I’m not going to tease that,” Shurmur said on Sunday. “I just want to look at everything and see what we have to do moving forward.”Odell Beckham Jr.Before sunday’s game there were reports that the Giants were receiving offers for the superstar wide receiver, even with Beckham being in the first year of a five-year, $90 million contract.After hauling in 8 receptions for 136 yards on Sunday, Beckham was asked if New York was where he wanted to be.“This is where I’m at,” was his response.“I don’t think I am going anywhere. All I want to do is be the very best that I can be when I’m on the field, off the field as well. It’s really hard to think about that, but it is what it is.”Landon CollinsThe Giants have to decide whether the 24-year-old Collins is a building block player worthy of an expensive long-term contract, or whether his best value is as a trade chip who could bring back multiple draft picks that could be used in a rebuilding effort.Collins said “we have to see when we get there” when asked about re-signing with the Giants in the offseason.“I’m just playing it day-by-day. I love the Giants, they love me. You never know Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey , it’s a business, so whatever happens, happens.”Olivier Vernon Playing in his third game since returning from a high ankle sprain, Vernon had three quarterback hits and a fumble recovery, once again showing that he’s an impact player. Will he be a Giant when they face the San Francisco 49ers in Week 10?“I’m just going in and working it,” Vernon said. “I just go into the building and work. That’s all I worry about.”Janoris JenkinsThe veteran cornerback is the last of the three corners suspended in 2017 (Apple, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie being the others) still with the Giants. Several teams, including the Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots, are believed to have inquired about Jenkins. He still seems the most likely player on the Giants’ roster to be dealt by the deadline. Dick Modzelewski, a lineman who spent 14 years as an NFL player and another 22 years as an NFL coach, has died at the age of 87.At six feet tall and 260 pounds Janoris Jenkins Jersey , Modzelewski was small by the standards of today’s defensive tackles, but a giant in his day. Gay Talese wrote in the New York Times that Modzelewski was “260 pounds of tough tenderloin with shoulders so broad that he often has to pass through doors sideways.” Talese added, however, that “When he is not playing tackle for the New York Giants, Modzelewski is a warm-hearted, gentle soul who loves to babysit for his 108-pound wife, Dorothy. But when he is playing football he is thoroughly bellicose. He wants to win more than any man since Machiavelli, Dillinger or Leo Durocher.”In 1949 Modzelewski enrolled at Maryland, joining his older brother, Ed Modzelewski, on a Terrapins team that was one of the best in the country. Dick Modzelewski was a two-time All-American and winner of the Outland Trophy, awarded to the best lineman in college football. He was later voted to the College Football Hall of Fame.Washington drafted Modzelewski in 1953 Kerry Wynn Jersey , but he didn’t get along with coach Joe Kuharich and after two years in the NFL signed a contract to leave for the Canadian Football League and a Calgary Stampeders team that was coached by one of his former Maryland coaches. But a lawsuit voided that contract and kept Modzelewski in the NFL, where he was traded to Pittsburgh. After just one year with the Steelers, Modzelewski once again was traded, this time to the Giants. That was where he found his greatest success.During Modzelewski’s eight years with the Giants, they went to the NFL championship game six times, and his presence in the middle of the line helped make the Giants’ defense among the best in football. Modzelewski also got to line up several times against his brother in the NFL, and he didn’t hold back when facing family.“Ed is my brother and I love him,” Modzelewski said. “But on the field he wears a white shirt and I wear a blue shirt and we don’t know each other.”But Ed Modzelewski wasn’t the toughest opponent Dick Modzelewski faced. That would be Browns running back Jim Brown. After a brutal 1961 game between the Giants and the Browns at Yankee Stadium ended in a 7-7 tie, Modzelewski proudly showed off his scratches and bruises and told reporters, “Look what I got from Jimmy Brown.”In 1964 Modzelewski was traded once more, to the Browns, where he became Jim Brown’s teammate and played his last three NFL seasons. After retiring as a player http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-curtis-riley-jersey , Modzelewski was immediately hired by the Browns as a scout, and then made defensive line coach. He was later promoted to defensive coordinator, and he was the Browns’ interim head coach for one game at the end of the 1977 season. Modzelewski would later have spots on the staffs of the Giants, Bengals, Packers and Lions.In 1989 Modzelewski announced that he thought he had coached long enough, and he felt that it was time to step aside for a younger generation of coaches. He spent retirement with Dorothy, his wife of 64 years, and is survived by her and their four children.

nach oben springen

Besucher
smithmachinist725, chloebailey, Kumar179, Alexsmith321, Hedkey India

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: chloebailey
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10655 Themen und 14215 Beiträge.