The 5 O’Clock Club: What I learned this week.

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 16.01.2019 03:04
von douhua2233 • 29 Beiträge

The 5 O’Clock Club: What I learned this week... The 5 o’clock club is published Wednesday to Saturday during the season Morgan Moses Jersey , and aims to provide a forum for reader-driven discussion at a time of day when there isn’t much NFL news being published. Feel free to introduce topics that interest you in the comments below.The Cardinals are bad.Really bad.The Colts are not the same as the Cardinals.Rod Marinelli outcoached Pat Schurmer.The Giants blundered by using the 2nd overall draft pick to draft Saquon Barkley.The Texans are not as good as I thought they would be.One team in the NFL is guaranteed to still be winless this time next week, and there could easily be 3 or 4 teams without a “W” going into Week 4.The Chiefs are better than I thought they would be.The Buccaneers are a lot better than I thought they would be, and Desean Jackson is officially an ‘Eagle Killer’.Why does that seem ironic?Going into Week 3, the Redskins are the only team with four receivers who were drafted with a top-40 pick.Why doesn’t that fill me with pride and confidence?NFL.com’s Power Rankings have the winless Steelers ranked 16th. That’s criminal negligence from Harrison.The Bengals just might be pretty good, and the AFC North looks like a wide-open division this year.The Packers got robbed by a horrible penalty call that could end up costing them a playoff spot at the end of the season.The Jaguars are absolutely for real.The Redskins are the only team in the NFC East that has outscored their opponents in the first two weeks; they currently stand at +6. Eagles are second at 0.Somehow, the Giants & Cowboys, despite playing each other this week, have both managed to accumulate a negative points differential over 2 games.The Lions and the Bills have both given up 78 points through the first two weeks of the season, tied for worst in the league.Each team has a head coach who ‘made his bones’ as a high-profile defensive coordinator.Only the Cardinals (6) and the Bills (23) have scored fewer points through two games than the 28 scored by the Dallas Cowboys.I suck at playing Survivor football competitions.In a 3-life league, I have only one life left after just two weeks.“Business Friday” isn’t going to be a thing going forward, but for D.J. Swearinger, it’s Business Sunday every week.Matt Ioannidis and Jonathan Allen are good football players.After two weeks Tress Way Jersey , the Redskins lead the NFL in two key defensive stats: total yards allowed and passing yards allowed.Don’t believe me?Note that 5 of the 10 defensive leader spots shown above are held by NFCE teams.Also, the Eagles rank first in rushing yards allowed.None of the NFCE teams is in the top 5 in the three key offensive measures (rush yards, pass yards, tot yards).Not sure what to make of all that.I don’t mind the Redskin offense taking ten yard underneath pass plays if that’s “what the defense is giving them”... but not when they’re down by two scores with less than 6 minutes to play.The Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys and Giants are closely grouped in total points scored, with ranks of 22nd for Philly, 25th for ‘Skins, and the two others tied for 27th.In Defensive scoring given up, the NFCE teams rank: Redskins 3rd, Cowboys 5th, Eagles 10th Cheap Da'Ron Payne Jersey , Giants 12th.Aldrick Robinson must be a much better player than we thought he was.Elliott Harrison’s love for the Redskins is not unconditional.I must remember not to laugh at another team’s fan base for thinking their team has an opportunity to actually compete against the Redskins, or even win.They just might be right.Fan base mood swings are frightening.Things could always be worse; my father grew up in New York, and I could have grown up a Giants fan.So, what did you learn this week? Jacksonville Jaguars All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey was unusually quiet Thursday, three days before one of the most anticipated matchups of his NFL career.He was humble. He was focused. He was more of a team player than a look-at-me guy.He seemed somewhat out of character. But the Jaguars probably liked it after weeks of unrest surrounding their star defensive back.Ramsey screamed profanities at media members during training camp, got suspended for a week and then created a stir by calling out several quarterbacks in one interview and blasted a few more players in another .With the season opener against the New York Giants and receiver standout Odell Beckham Jr. looming, Ramsey clammed up."Looking forward to it," said Ramsey, who was added to the injury report because of ankle soreness. "Looking forward to beginning the whole season with the whole team. A lot of people are going to try to make it about me and (Beckham) specifically. That's not what it's about. Football is a team game. There's going to be 11 guys out there for us, 11 guys out there for them. We're going to have to come together and do what we've got to do to try to get a win."It wasn't what anyone expected from the outspoken Ramsey.Beckham insisted Wednesday that Ramsey won't get under his skin and there won't be a repeat of his fight with cornerback Josh Norman in 2016. The three-time All-Pro said he won't take Ramsey's bait.Asked whether that's easier said than done, Ramsey declined to offer much."I don't know," he said. "Again Matthew Ioannidis Jersey , it's not about me. It's about the team."Ramsey downplayed his ability to talk trash, even though he got into a public spat with now-retired NFL receiver Steve Smith in 2016 and upset Cincinnati receiver A.J. Green so much that Green grabbed Ramsey around the neck and slammed him to the ground last year."My play is what really gets people talking, to be honest with you, and that's just extra on top," Ramsey said. "I'm going to be me. I don't think that's something that we need to continue to talk about week in and week in. I'm going to me."Ramsey did acknowledge that he's fine with playing the role of villain."What people who don't know me think about me doesn't affect me, how I live my life, how I go about being who I am," said Ramsey, who became a father for the first time in late July. "I'm not going to change because somebody doesn't like me. There's a bunch or more people in the world."Many of them will tune in Sunday to watch Ramsey line up across from Beckham, who signed a $95 million extension that made him the highest-paid receiver in the league."I think anytime you get two guys like that, that are as big of stars as they are, everybody wants to watch it Womens Shawn Lauvao Jersey ," Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles said. "We'll get our corrections made (on the sideline) and make sure everything's set offensively for the next series and peek up there as much as possible to see what's going on with them. I know they'll both be ready and fired up. It'll be fun to watch."Ramsey surely will have a different demeanor once the game starts. And if he shuts down Beckham, he probably will be even more boisterous.After all, this is the same guy who made it clear two weeks ago that he was "unapologetic" about anything he said about other NFL players. He also opened camp talking about facing Beckham in the opener."Let's get this out the way right now," Ramsey said in late July after reporting to camp a few days late . "He is a good receiver. We all know that. But you all know me at the same time. Yeah, he's good. But I'm good, too. If you want to say he's the best at his position, I'm the best at my position, so we are going to go at it. We are going to give the people a show the first game of the season."He is going to have some wins. I am going to have some wins. I just plan on having more wins. That is the plan I am going to go in there with. ... That is what you all asked for as fans of the game, as (fans of) the NFL, everybody. That is what you all asked for. We are going to give it to you, for sure. I know I am." Custom Washington Redskins Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: tomikobrown
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9930 Themen und 13156 Beiträge.