We came up short but I’m sure in a few days

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 18.01.2019 08:49
von officialsbaseball • 144 Beiträge

TORONTO — Auston Matthews said he is ready to return to the Toronto Maple Leafs lineup.The question is whether the team’s medical staff will clear him in time for the game against the San Jose Sharks on Wednesday night at Scotiabank Arena or wait until Saturday when the Maple Leafs visit the Minnesota Wild.The Maple Leafs did not play Tuesday while the Sharks were in Buffalo Womens Andrew Cogliano Jersey , where they lost 3-2 in overtime to the surging Sabres, who won their 10th straight.Article continues below ...It was the second straight loss for the Sharks, who dropped a 6-0 decision on the road to the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday.Joe Pavelski scored twice in the final nine minutes for the Sharks on Tuesday and leads the team with 15 goals.As for the Maple Leafs, Matthews has missed 14 games since Oct. 27 after he injured his shoulder in a collision with Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba.“In my mind, I feel ready to play (Wednesday),” Matthews said Tuesday after his first practice with contact. “The guys took it easy on me for the most part, but just in those battle drills and competing and stuff, everything felt good.”Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said final clearance for Matthews would not come until it is discussed with athletic therapist Paul Ayotte.The 21-year-old center has 10 goals and six assists in 11 games this season.“He looked fine out there (Tuesday) so we’ll see how he is,” Babcock said.The Maple Leafs (17-8-0)are 9-5-0 this season without Matthews, including a 4-2 victory over the Boston Bruins Monday night. The Maple Leafs have won five straight home games.“It’s never about one player, it’s about the team Brandon Montour Jersey Kids ,” Babcock said. “We have a good leadership and the guys have worked hard most nights. We’ve had a tough schedule.”Mitch Marner has been playing particularly well. He had three assists against the Bruins on Monday and has six goals and 27 assists in 25 games.At times, it has looked as though Marner is playing a different game than the other players at times.“I think that’s what you think with all good players, is it not?” Babcock said. “I think, if you’re watching (Boston), I think you think when (David Pastrnak) gets the puck and he’s playing a different game than everybody else too.“What’s amazing is most of us have no time and space whatsoever. We’re banging it here and banging it there and chasing it. Then the really good guys seem to have all the time in the world and that’s what you’re talking about. That’s why they’re just gliding all over the rink and it’s seems effortless and it seems like fun and they have the puck all the time and you can’t figure out why. They’re just better than everybody else.”The Sharks (12-8-5) are 4-5-3 on the road. They are considered somewhat of a disappointment so far this season.“We’ll find it,” said backup goaltender Aaron Dell, who could get the start Wednesday after Martin Jones got the call Tuesday. “It’s coming more and more. We were a little too offensive-minded to start and then we went polar opposite for a while and tried to play too much defense. Now, we’re going back and forth trying to find that middle. A little more time and we should be able to get that perfected and we’ll be a tough team to beat.”The Maple Leafs beat the Sharks 5-3 in San Jose on Nov. 15.“I get the frustration,” Sharks defenseman Joakim Ryan told the San Jose Mercury News. “It’s natural for a fan base. Everyone in here grew up being a fan and you’re (upset) when the team loses. That’s what you should expect. It’s completely understandable. It’s frustrating when you’re not consistent. We could be doing a lot better. But considering how it’s gone, we’re still in a good spot.”“We still have a lot of the same core guys, but some of the new guys that have come in are pretty important pieces Womens Cam Fowler Jersey ,” San Jose defenseman Brenden Dillon said. “We know we’re a good team and we know we’re going to be a great team.” CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn took full advantage of a poor defensive effort by the Calgary Flames.Seguin scored 24 seconds into overtime, with an assist from Benn, to give the Dallas Stars a 4-3 victory over Calgary on Wednesday night.Benn knocked the puck into the slot, where Seguin was wide open and put a shot inside the post on David Rittich.“I mentally kind of knew I was shooting there already,” Seguin said. “Earlier I had a play, a chance, and I saw low glove open and said if I got the chance in the slot I’d shoot there again.”Rittich argued Benn interfered with him, but the goal stood up after a video review.It was redemption for Benn, the Dallas captain, who took two minor penalties in the third period. The second one led to Johnny Gaudreau’s goal at 9:41 that made it 2-all.“Obviously he played that overtime with a little guilt Corey Perry Jersey ,” Seguin said. “I’m happy how hard he worked. He’s our leader and captain and everyone follows him.”Benn scored his team-leading 10th goal on a power play at 18:02 of the second period, steering in a perfect feed from Seguin to give Dallas a 2-1 lead heading into the third.“I like to think everybody follows me. I take pride in being the captain of this team and trying to do the right things all the time,” Benn said. “When I’m doing that, they’ve got someone to follow.”Jason Spezza and Gavin Bayreuther added goals to help Dallas snap a four-game road losing streak. Anton Khudobin made 30 saves.“I thought our effort was great. Our execution was poor,” Stars coach Jim Montgomery said. “The way the guys dug in and kept battling was pretty impressive.”Garnet Hathaway and Mark Giordano also scored for Calgary. The Flames are 4-1-1 in their last six.“We’re fortunate to get a point out of the game tonight,” coach Bill Peters said. “I didn’t think we were very good. I didn’t think our attention to detail was very good and our commitment to doing it right wasn’t where it needs to be to get two points.”After trailing 2-1, the Flames took their first lead midway through the third period on goals 1:10 apart.Gaudreau fired a shot top corner for a power-play goal. Giordano made it 3-2 with a similar-looking shot from a similar spot, again beating Khudobin with a rising shot over his glove.The Stars tied it less than three minutes later. Matthew Tkachuk’s clearing attempt went onto the stick of Bayreuther and the rookie defenseman fired his second of the season past Rittich.“We had complete control when we took the lead,” Giordano said. “We gave them the tie and just cost ourselves a point with a couple bad plays. It’s tough to swallow right now, honestly. I thought we should have won that one.”Gaudreau and Sean Monahan each finished minus-3 for the Flames. They were on the ice when Spezza slipped into the slot undetected and one-timed Radek Faksa’s pass behind Rittich just 41 seconds into the game. It was their missed coverage in overtime, too.“Losing (stinks) Conor Timmins Jersey Womens , obviously. Losing that way, it’s even worse,” Monahan said. “You come back in a game and get a lead, then give it back and give them an easy one there in overtime. That’s on us, that’s on me and I take the fall for that.”NOTES: Khudobin started again in the absence of Ben Bishop (lower body), who is expected back Saturday after missing the last five games. … Rittich finished with 24 saves. He dropped to 8-2-1. … The Stars improved to 6-1-1 in their last eight games at the Saddledome. … Calgary LW Michael Frolik (lower body) is back skating. He has missed four games.UP NEXTStars: Wrap up their four-game road trip Saturday night in Vancouver.Flames: Host the Los Angeles Kings on Friday night.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: AdillaSofya12
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10804 Themen und 14445 Beiträge.