LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchards historic run at Wimbledon is over, but she thinks shes just getting started. [url=http://www.cheapni

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 05.06.2017 10:50
von jokergreen0220 • 955 Beiträge

LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchards historic run at Wimbledon is over, but she thinks shes just getting started. Cheap Roshe Two For Sale . Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic beat Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday in the womens final to claim her second Wimbledon title, ending an impressive run by the 20-year-old Canadian at the All England Club. No Canadian had ever reached a Grand Slam singles final in the Open era before Bouchard. "It was a big moment walking out on to centre court for a final. I have that experience now, I know what it feels like," said Bouchard. "I hope I can walk out to many more finals. Thats the goal. "Im going to go back, work on my game, try to get better. You always need to get better." Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., is currently ranked 13th in the world, seven positions below Kvitova. She will rise to seventh when the WTA standings are updated after Wimbledon. She beat Germanys Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 in the quarter-final before topping Romanias Simona Halep 7-6 (5), 6-2 in the semis. The success at Wimbledon comes after a breakthrough season last year. Bouchard reached the semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open earlier this season. "I think its a tough road to try and become as good as I want to be, no matter what," said Bouchard. "Im not going to win every single time. I think this was a good experience for me -- my first Slam final -- so Im going to learn a lot from this match and hopefully use it to get much better." Bouchard was overwhelmed by Kvitova, who added a second to her first from 2011. Watching from the Royal Box was Britains Princess Eugenie, the royal for whom the Canadian was named. "Tough loss today at Wimbledon, but youre an inspiration (at)geniebouchard & Canada couldnt be more proud of you," said Prime Minister Stephen Harper in a tweet. Kvitova, her right thigh heavily wrapped as it was through the two-week tournament, quickly took charge of the match. She handcuffed Bouchards attacking game with a strong offence of her own, putting the Canadian under pressure on every service game with break point. "I have to give full credit to my opponent, she played unbelievable," said Bouchard. "I know I wont win every match but I want to be as good as I can be. This was a good experience and something I will learn from. I can hopefully use it to get better." Bouchard was broken in the third and seventh games to fall to a 5-2 deficit. She showed her own form by breaking back for 3-5 after Kvitova netted after chasing Bouchards cross-court shot. Despite Bouchards resistance, Kvitova wrapped up the first set in less than 30 minutes on a third set point. Kvitova picked up where she left off to start the second set with a break of Bouchard for 2-0. With the experienced Czech keeping up a lethally rapid pace, there was little time for Bouchard to react. Bouchard missed on a return at her feet to trail 4-0 as Kvitova took a stranglehold on the match. The Czech dished out a love game for 5-0 and finished off the title performance on her first match point with a deeply angled backhand cross-court winner after 55 minutes on court. It has been a strong tournament for other Canadians as well. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock beat Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States in a thrilling 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 victory to win the mens doubles final Saturday. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., made it to the mens singles semifinal before losing to seven-time champion Roger Federer of Switzerland in straight sets. The last Canadian to reach a mens final four at a major was Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, according to Tennis Canada. Montreal native Greg Rusedski reached the U.S. Open final in 1997 but he was representing Great Britain at that time. Defending mixed doubles champions Daniel Nestor of Toronto and French partner Kristina Mladenovic will play a semifinal match against Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Hao-Ching Chan of Taiwan. Bouchard has done well at the All England Club in the past. She won the Wimbledon girls title in 2012, becoming the first Canadian to win a junior Grand Slam in singles. "I love coming back to Wimbledon, so thank you, guys," said Bouchard at centre court immediately after the match to a loud round of applause from the fans in attendance Saturday. Last year at Wimbledon, Bouchard won her second-round match against former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic in straight sets before she was eliminated in the third round by Carla Suarez Navarro. Kvitova defeated Bouchard in straight sets in their lone previous meeting last year at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Bouchard said she will return to Montreal to decompress after the Wimbledon final. "Ill take some time off -- much deserved, Ive been playing a lot of tennis at a high level recently," said Bouchard. "Ill take time for the mind and body and then hit the practice court again and get excited for the second half of the season." Cheap Roshe one Online . - Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin is now a free agent. Nike Run Shoes Online . -- Conor Casey scored two goals, his first of the season, as the Philadelphia Union beat Chivas USA 3-0 on Saturday night. http://www.cheapnikerosherunstore.com/ . The Henry Burris-led squad finished second in the East Division before advancing to the Grey Cup where they ultimately fell to the home field advantage wielding Saskatchewan Roughriders.MINSK, Belarus -- Team Canadas world hockey championship is off to a rough start after a stunning 3-2 shootout loss to France. Even though it took a shootout, the defeat at Chizhovka-Arena stands out as one of Canadas more embarrassing losses in recent history at this tournament. Its just the second time Canada has lost to France, the last coming in regulation in 1995. "Its good to have adversity early, it tells your team just how hard its going to be and France played a very strong game," Canadian coach Dave Tippett said. "They capitalized on their power play and they got the extra point in the shootout, so congratulations to them." The two latest matchups between these teams at the IIHF World Hockey Championship ended in 7-2 and 9-1 victories for Canada in 2012 and 2011, respectively. Canada entered the 2014 tournament 8-1 all-time against France. Pierre-Edouard Bellemare scored the shootout-winner for France. Stephane Da Costa, a part-timer with the Ottawa Senators, had each of Frances regulation power-play goals. Brayden Schenn and Erik Gudbranson scored for Canada. Former NHL goaltender Cristobal Huet shined in net for France. James Reimer was saddled with the loss for Canada. "I think we made a few mistakes, but thats to be expected when youre kind of rusty and coming back and so were going to get better every game and well be better next game," said Reimer, who finished with 26 saves. Reimer was tested plenty in the early going, stopping a point-blank attempt from Dallas Stars forward Antoine Roussel short-handed three minutes in and turning French captain Laurent Meunier away a bit later. His best save of the first period came at the 11-minute mark on Da Costas big windup from the right faceoff circle. Da Costa broke through near the end of the period with Canadas Alex Burrows in the penalty box for tripping. After defenceman Yohann Auvitus point shot hit Reimer in the pads, the puck bounced out to thee Ottawa Senators minor-leaguer, who snapped it in at the 17:03 mark to give France a 1-0 lead.dddddddddddd. It didnt take long for Canada to respond. Nathan MacKinnon drew a hooking penalty on Meunier with 35.4 seconds left in the first period, then Cody Hodgson fed Schenn for a power-play goal with 16.2 left to tie it. Canada came close to taking the lead a couple of times in the second period, no closer than when Morgan Rielly got a shot off from the right faceoff circle that Huet snagged with his glove at 11:46. Turnovers by young defencemen Tyler Myers and Erik Gudbranson brought some danger for Canada, but each time Reimer was challenged he came up big. With the seconds ticking away before intermission, Reimer made a big stop on Bellemare to get through the first 39 seconds of a five-on-three penalty kill. Canada killed off the remaining 28 seconds of the five-on-three early in the second before Troy Brouwer took another slashing penalty just 11 seconds later. Gudbranson gave Canada the lead 10:42 into the third period on a goal that was confirmed by video review. Gudbransons shot from between the faceoff circles hit the left post and went in off Huet. Da Costa scored again for France at 13:35, lifting a backhander over a sprawling Reimer to ignite cheers from an anti-Canada, pro-underdog France crowd at Chizhovka-Arena. It was a power-play goal as Jason Garrison was off for slashing and came right after defenceman Braydon Coburns turnover. Tippett pointed to turnovers and penalties as the primary culprit for one of Canadas worst losses in the past decade or so. "Its how costly they are to you when youre playing a team that is just playing not to lose because every time you turn the puck over or take a penalty, theyre just waiting for that advantage," he said. "Theyre just waiting for you to make a mistake and they feel like thats when they can make up for the discrepancy, possibly, in talent." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE:

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 27.09.2018 16:26
von olsdkjruo • 1.233 Beiträge

fullback le'ron mcclain would score on a 1 yard runTHOSE CHORDS WERE ringing loudly on Sept. 17, 2001, the day Major League Baseball resumed following 9/11. The country was in mourning, hurting in ways it could hardly have imagined a week earlier. LB Telvin Smith and DE Dante Fowler Jr. Are really the only building blocks on that side of the ball. Expect the Jaguars to be in on every big defensive name ..Behind closed doors, they'll say they're all about the team and would run through a brick wall for the organization. But when you look closer, they're doing things to cheap jerseys contradict themselves. I can't listen to anyone but my family and my advisors, because those are the people who are going to be there when football inevitably cheap nfl jerseys dumps me..

never a far more goal had built in on postseashave fun playing

Saints Jerseys Available - Buy Discount Authentic Nfl Apparel

Wtt Union Colts Nfl Cheap Jerseys News Updates From Practically Of Soccer Feb 7

or,-- and as well eventually associated with exits perhaps y

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: officeofficeoffice
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9870 Themen und 13078 Beiträge.