Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 28.06.2017 08:39
von jokergreen0220 • 955 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Michael Taylor Nationals Jersey .ca. Mr. Fraser, In the PIT/NYR Round 2 series, there have been two separate occasions where Marc Staal has taken blatant shots to the head of Pittsburghs Sidney Crosby. In Game 3, Staal hit Crosby with a viscous crosscheck to the back of the head. I was shocked that a penalty wasnt even called on the ice! The league then came out the following day and said that no punishment would be handed down for the hit. The following night, in Game 4, Staal again went after Crosbys head. This time it was a blatant elbow. Again, it was from behind, to the back of the head, nearly knocking the helmet off Crosbys head. Again, there was no call on the ice, and no action taken by the league. Can you explain to me how the league and officials, in this era of "no tolerance" for hits to the head, can allow this kind of thing to go on? How can there be no call on the ice? Obviously, since there was no action for the league, or penalty called, in Game 3, Staal figured he was cleared to do it again in Game 4. I mean, if the NHL doesnt care about the well-being of its marquee players, why should Staal? Thanks for listening. Any light you can shed on this subject would be great! John Waclo John: The cross-check that Marc Staal delivered on Sidney Crosby was well beyond just a minor infraction (Video link) and worthy of at least a five-minute major and game misconduct. This aggressive cross-check delivered to the head area could not be considered an effort by a defensive player to contain, engage in a battle in battle or to clear an opponent from the front of the net. The blow did not start at the name plate on the back of the jersey and then rode up to the neck and back of the helmet. This forceful, full-arm extension cross-check went directly to the back of the neck/head of Crosby and should be considered an attempt to injure and worthy of a match penalty under rule 59.4. For the sake of argument lets reverse the body position of Crosby where he and Staal are face-to-face. If that same force is delivered to the neck and chin of Sid he will most likely be spitting blood, chicklets and perhaps even incur another broken jaw. I would sincerely hope that a match penalty would be assessed in that case and a player would be suspended for cross-checking an opponent in the face! I see a deliberate and forceful cross-check to the back of a players neck and head to be similarly dangerous regardless of the fact it was delivered on a player with a well-documented history of concussions. If you want to see an "old school" hit take a look at the major and game misconduct I assessed to Darian Hatcher in a game in Dallas just prior to the playoffs, when he delivered an elbow to the face of Jeremy Roenick. Roenicks jaw was dislocated, broken in three places and he had eight teeth cracked or broken. Roenick approached me on the ice spitting blood and teeth with his jaw wagging in the breeze as he attempted to say, "He broke my f----n jaw!" Hatcher was suspended for seven games (including the Stars first five playoff games) by Colin Campbell for the illegal hit. See it here. John, you ask how these types of plays can be missed. The answer is there are too many "puck watchers" wearing stripes in these playoffs. Player safety is placed in jeopardy when these aggressive fouls are allowed to go un-penalized. This isnt "old school" officiating; just a lack of awareness. Ryan Zimmerman Nationals Jersey . When New Zealand finally held on for an 8-7 win, France No. 8 Imanol Harinordoquy collapsed to the ground, having given every drop of energy he could muster, and lay prone as All Blacks danced around him in celebration. Few critics had given France any chance, but coach Marc Lievremonts team rallied from 8-0 down and came within one kick of taking the lead with 15 minutes remaining, only for flyhalf Francois Trinh-Ducs 49-meter effort to drift wide. Shawn Kelley Nationals Jersey . He will play 10th-seeded Feliciano Lopez in Sundays final, after the Spanish left-hander defeated Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 7-6 (7), 6-4. http://www.baseballnationalsauthority.com/Ben-Revere-Jersey/ . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing.CINCINNATI - Geno Atkins was in the Bengals locker room briefly Wednesday, moving slowly on crutches. He declined to answer questions about his torn knee ligament as he headed for a side door and home. Its still too painful to discuss. Still a bit painful for the teammates who will miss him, too. The Bengals (6-3) will try to maintain their lead in the AFC North without their best defensive lineman. Atkins, an All-Pro tackle last season, leads the team with six sacks and is a disruptive force up the middle that Cincinnati already misses badly. "A friend," defensive end Wallace Gilberry said. "A hell of a teammate. Hell of an athlete. I could go on for days." They dont have that much time. The Bengals have a chance to all but clinch their division in the next two weeks when they play at Baltimore (3-5) and host Cleveland (4-5). Back-to-back wins would leave them with a daunting lead heading down the stretch. The Bengals reached the playoffs as a wild card each of the last two seasons. They havent won the division title since 2009. "Honestly we feel like these next two weeks are the biggest of the season because of where we are in the division," left tackle Andrew Whitworth said. "We get an opportunity. These games can tilt things one way or the other." Their biggest challenge is filling holes on a defence that has lost some of its best players in the last three weeks. Top cornerback Leon Hall is out for the season with a torn Achilles tendon. Middle linebacker Rey Maualuga missed a 22-20 overtime loss in Miami last Thursday with a concussion and an injured left knee. Atkins tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in the first half of the loss at Miami, a significant setback to a line already missing end Robert Geathers for the season. "You can hear the rumbles of respect that our guys have for him," Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said during a conference call on Wednesday. "I can imagine that its going to be a little different in there just because he is such a good player." The Bengals signed defensive tackle Kheeston Randall to fill Atkins roster spot on Tuesday. Randall was the Dolphins seeventh-round pick last year and played in 12 games. Gio Gonzalez Jersey. He was waived by Miami on Aug. 31. Theyll work others into the middle of the line rotation as well. Tackle Brandon Thompson, a second-year player from Clemson, will get much more time in Atkins spot. Thompson played in only three games last season but has played in all nine this year. "I think it was very beneficial to just be able to sit back and learn from those great defensive linemen we have, just to sit back and take a whole year and soak everything in," Thompson said. "I was a sponge last year. I learned so much. I just thank those guys for that." The Bengals had fewer injuries than average in the opening weeks, but have been hit hard lately. With the injuries piling up, coach Marvin Lewis showed his team some statistics about Super Bowl champions overcoming injuries. "You look at the last four or five Super Bowl champions and the amount of people that went on (injured reserve), and theyve overcome it," Lewis said. "You look at those teams, and those teams put double-digit numbers of players on injured reserve. "And their leadership of the team, the maturity of the team, it all plays out." Co-ordinator Mike Zimmer has a reputation for being able to plug newcomers into the defence quickly without having the overall performance suffer. "I guess thats his calling card," safety Chris Crocker said. "He can put in other guys and have them play together and find a way to win. The biggest part is putting somebody in there who knows what to do. "Everybodys athletically gifted and talented. But at this point in the season when you bring in somebody new, you just have to be up to speed on what to do. If you get them to do that, thats 60 to 70 per cent of the battle. Well be fine." Notes: Whitworth, Maualuga and defensive lineman Devon Still (elbow) didnt practice on Wednesday. Whitworth missed the Miami game with a sore right knee. ... RB Giovani Bernard (bruised ribs), LB Mike Boley (hamstring), TE Jermaine Gresham (groin) and guard Kevin Zeitler (hamstring) were limited in practice. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

RE:

in Dies ist ein Forum in der Kategorie 27.09.2018 17:59
von olsdkjruo • 1.233 Beiträge

gaines and a Gary Sanchez replica jersey 2018 second round draft pickCalvin Johnson going up against Darrelle Revis is the matchup I want to see. In their two career matchups, Revis Island has essentially swallowed Megatron, www.freegamejerseys.com holding the wideout to 9 targets, 5 completions, 75 yards Javier Baez jersey and 0 TDs. wholesale mlb jerseys 2018 Revis isn't that shutdown corner anymore, but he's had his brilliant games this season..It was that no one had ever taught him the importance of hydration, nutrition, proper rest. He basically needed someone to set up a program for him and check with him throughout the day to make sure it was working. To hand him a water bottle if he forgot to take enough from the cafeteria.

How Much Do Basketball Jerseys Can Charge?

Types Of Basketball Jerseys

Michael Vick Jerseys Began To Allow High Demand

Enjoy Texas Rangers Baseball With The Kids

extremely appears exercise during concentrate relating to

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: racheldona77
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 10156 Themen und 13511 Beiträge.